20 Dec 2013

Sweetcorn Bake

This is my most pinned recipe from my other blog Fabulous Food Recipes.  It is an old post but it still gets pinned daily even now.  It really is delicious, so... for those of you who have not yet discovered this fab recipe... this is for you.

It goes fantastically with a braai (barbeque).  Really fabulous and different to the normal braai side dishes
Yummy Sweetcorn Bake
Ingredients:
100g (3,5oz) Margarine 
2 eggs 
100g (3,5oz) self raising flour  
1 cup (250ml) milk  
1 tin (410g /13,5oz) Creamed Sweetcorn
1tsp (5ml) salt

Method:
* Cream Margarine
* Add eggs. mixing in well until light and fluffy.  (This takes awhile)
* Fold in (with a spoon) Self Raising Flour and salt
* Add milk & creamed sweetcorn to flour / egg mixture.
* Pour into a well greased pie dish
* Bake for about 45 mins at 180'C (350'F)

Preparation:  20 minutes
Cooking:  45 minutes
Serves:  8 as a side dish
(All Approximates)


Tips and Suggestions:
*  For more fabulous recipe ideas and conversions have a look at this recipe index page
*  Please comment and share your ideas

This post links to:
Fab Savoury Recipes
Fabulous Farm Living G+
Fabulous Facebook Page
Fabulous Twitter Page
Please visit my "I link to... Page" to link up with the sites below

3 comments:

  1. This sounds so good and I'm sure my family would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I like most about this is that I could go to my kitchen right now and make it. No running to the store for ingredients. Thank you for sharing with See Ya in the Gumbo. This looks really good--I can see why it is your most pinned recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this dish today. The texture is similar to a soufflé. I broiled it to get some nice color & crispness on top. I like the fact that it's savory...not sweetened or cheesed up.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like: